• ArjayHaitch
    This is to Oats. I think about who the audience is often. I wonder when I read something or watch a tutorial or a technical presentation. It's very often overlooked and rarely is the target specific. Often it's better to consider a wide audience.

But I think when it comes to sci-fi the experience is vastly better when a specific audience is targeted. The lowest common denominator may not appreciate the sci-fi aspect anyway.

So put another way don't cater to the lowest common denominator. Move it up a notch. Make the audience work for it. They may even need to watch it again or just spend time afterward considering what they watched. Maybe they engage a friend/parent/colleague etc.

Did you (or do you) think about this much?

Another example of target audience...In the automotive industry they do consumer tests with prototypes. They find that with cars that are a risk for the maker will be either hated or loved but very few in between. Some makers will decide to make the car even though a lot of people hated it, since there were also a lot that loved it. The response to the car was evocative enough to convince themselves to make and sell that model.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment