• The hunter
    Hi. I got a idea which Is gonna extend this briliant story and world. Is there a way to introduce this concept?
  • Johann
    Post it here. That's what the forum is for!
  • Nelostic
    cool idea
    Jasper daughter (kezia burrows)in rakka2

iywjhcf978loiuwc.png
  • The hunter
    hcc1ira6fqwamuwd.jpg
    Ok. I wrote a story (not complet) for a Rakka. Continuation of this amaizing story and world. For now I want to share first concept art.

It's not a perfect draw but it shows how I see it.

Kasper'a mission failed.
    Attachment
  • The hunter
    Add to the draw aboveoz9j53snkl6hrr99.jpg
    Attachment
  • András Bognár
    I think Rakka made a big hit as a post apocaliptic style alien invasion concept with it's excellent reality based ideas. In my opinion it would be a great idea to show that how the invasion started (the first signs) and the war between the aliens and humans evolved into a global crisis - from the perspective of a child in a village; old lady; a young independent woman who works for the incompetent USA goverment; biotechnologist etc. I would place this story in 2017 or '18. Also an insight into goverment lab where they perform an autopsy on the alien.

As I was watching Rakka I realized that how important is the 'black matter' on the aliens and serves as a tool as well for them. Is it possible that the black matter is a symbiotic inorganic life form which can not live without the reptilian aliens and via versa? If yes then the key is to understand how the black matter is functioning and what is the exact relationship between the alien and the black matter?
  • DarkRonius
    @Andreas I also love the somewhat shared continuity between all the shorts... The body/mind control elements, the psychic/magical elements. It gives the picture that the government had been dabbling with entities or powers beyond what we would consider normal for years. Maybe the government was well aware of the threat since the 60s, and was trying to develop a weapon in secret? Maybe they had been in cahoots with the aliens for years, and their actions in Firebase were a kind of damage control of the beginnings of a controlled takeover? I'd love a West Wing-style episode where they're dealing with the political realities and spin along with these alien beings as if it were normal political business,. and/or another episode further on of the first politicians who made secret deals for certain benefits... To go with the line of our politicians telling us everything is normal (I know we saw the mind-controlled, weird-faced guy as a politician but that was clearly someone against their will... Her words seemed to imply a more "business is usual" approach from politicians, like they were knowingly and willingly conspirators?)
  • The hunter
    I got awesome idea for Rakka. Badass, sublime but there is a no respond from Oats. Looks like they leave the forum.
  • DarkRonius
    I think you're right... They're surely still paying for the space to host this though? Maybe they'll come back when they see the top posts at the moment really are to do with building sequels or work from what they've already done, rather than entirely new ideas (which they said they don't want at the moment)?
  • The hunter
    That's too bad there is no response. I got a badass idea for feature movie or episode. It depends how they want to build continuation.

I also got a cool idea for those first shorts with air force one and Presidental motorcade but... no respond. Too bad because I'm not saying they're gonna love it but listening cost nothing. There is nothing to loose...
  • DarkRonius
    I can see it from their point of view, they're a new relatively small studio and won't have made that much money at present (if any)... It'll cost them time sifting through all the material, especially when a chunk of it isn't relevant as it's for brand new projects, when they're only wanting input for current projects they already have the assets and a rough direction for.

I do hope they figure out a system for better input soon, as it would be a shame to see this huge community that has already grown die before it produces anything. Surely the best thing, at the moment, would be to turn off new thread creation and have just one thread for each of the shorts from volume 1, and restrict discussion to just be on topic for each thread? Maybe have an additional creative thread for general conversation which they won't check as often for people to discuss other ideas and things among each other
  • skyward
    OMFG
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube