• Frankie
    Would be great to learn more about the production process of the real props (see document starting page 72). It must be great to have an inhouse team which works on these items, print 3d, paints etc.
    Forking amazing stuff. ;)
  • Frankie
    I'm especially interested in the process of 3d printing. Which hardware, material, how long does it take, which problems occur etc.
    zygote_props01.jpg
  • fetustwinzies
    im pretty sure that was made by clay sculpture, then a silicone mold, then painted with silicone based paint. you can learn more about how to do such things best from the Tested Youtube Channel, were Frank Ippilito gives you indepth looks into how he does it - only bad thing is that they don't have a designated playlist for all the videos - also research the making of Guillermo Del Toro films such as Pan's Labyrinth and his more practical stuff - i hope through OATS we get a way better and more in depth behind the scenes into how Oats make stuff, because i find it super interesting too. i hope this in someway helped :)
  • Frankie

Thanks, the making of Guillermo Del Toro films is a good idea. I love his work and I'm eagerly waiting for the trailer of 'The Shape of Water'.
    In the Workshop part of the Zygote design document are some other hard surface objects which are pretty sure 3d printed.
  • fetustwinzies
    im going to buy it as soon as i can as i really loved Zygote and would love all the stuff from it - and i love oats - just dont have the money right now
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment