• TheGravetenders
    I believe all Lovecraft's works are aren't they?
    I hope so, here's a clip from my project, this is Cthulhu erupting from the Earth.
  • Creactivity
    well is controversial, for S.T. Joshi most of the Lovecraft works is in the public domain (H.P. Lovecraft: A Life). The stories published in "Weird Tales", the six that the magazine owned outright should have had their copyrights renewed after twenty-eight years.
    Quote: "For my money, I'd say all of Lovecraft's are probably in the public domain but there really is no answer to the question of their copyright status. Were the rights properly renewed? Were they transferred to Arkham House? Copyright law has been stretched so far into the past that lost documentation, orphaned works and uncertainties about ownership become more and more problematic. All we can say is that if someone were to challenge copyright ownership, a court would be able to come to a decision, but the decision could go either way. It's doubtful it'll be worth anyone's time and money to try and resolve this in court, and this makes the situation de facto as if the copyrights still hold, since no one wants to risk getting sued (though the copyright holders haven't, at least so far been zealous in pursuing their lawsuits). So, long as no one challenges their claim, the persons claiming to own the rights, own them by default. And the issue won't really be resolved until 2032 when the last of Lovecraft's works published in his lifetime will enter the public domain (and I'm excluding the few posthumous publications, which appeared as late as 1944), unless there's another copyright extension, which would just push all of this mess forward. I suppose that you must wait 2032 AD for be sure that nobody sue you.
  • TheGravetenders
    This isn't Cthulhu, this is Cthuhlu.. see it's different. The Vanilla Ice defense..
  • Creactivity
    The tentacled face on your video look like the same, unfortunately the wings and color resemble the creature "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." I'll tell you what's going on.
  • TheGravetenders
    Nope, there is no definitive description of Cthulhu in Lovecraft's myths, only a pencil sketch and a vague description. All of the common perceptions of the Creature are driven by pop culture. In reality HP Lovecraft dreamed of a massive being sitting atop a cubed stone obelisk under stormy skies being worshipped by the remnants of mankind. The wiki is pretty complete. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu
  • Creactivity
    if you say so, really is not my problem. Generally if you ask question in a fourm and somebody kindly give you an advice it is good to do something called REALITY CHECK.
    https://www.arkhamhouse.com.
  • TheGravetenders
    Take it easy there Captain Serious.. it's just a forum..
  • TheGravetenders
    Cthulhu NEVER appears in ANY Lovecraft writing. In any form.. only very very vague descriptions in Call of Cthulhu of the sound it makes. Along with a few brief mentions while describing other entities.
  • TheGravetenders
    I'm not taking you googling something as gospel dude.
  • TheGravetenders
    Here's a reality check.. "A good writer have the ability to recognize someone else talent and recognize when you start to write bad stories."

"A good writer should have the ability to recognize someone else's talent and recognize when they start to write bad stories."

The top one is the "good writer" Creactivity. The bottom one is the guy who needs a capitalized REALITY CHECK spelling and grammar checking him.. can you count your mistakes?
  • Creactivity
    yeah you are right, my reality check instead that i know i am not your mother language and instead of you that maybe you know only redneck and basic englsh i know other three languages. Btw you videos is hilarious, but in the bad sense trust me. A traumatized five years old kid can do better work than you. Good Look you need it a lot.
  • Creactivity
    FYI i worked for handling bio and works of Howard Phillips Lovecraft for two years in Europe, and i am not Bear Hunter or deer hunter in Catskill.
    p.s this is not a clowns forum and sometimes you find a good advice if you enough clever to understand it. I enjoyed a lot Cthulhu that scratch around like a dog, and the smoke with a Parkinson Disease LOL
  • TheGravetenders
    I can't understand anything you just typed. it's like an illegible flame war. Calm your ass down
  • TheGravetenders
    so far you've hit all the standards for internet dummy fights, why are you on these boards looking for trouble? I'm not even mentioning your complete lack of any sort of materials of any kind.
    So far you've made assumption based insults about my intelligence, you're gate-keeping as if you hold the keys to the forum (This is not a clowns forum). I'm waiting for you to call me Hitler now.
  • TheGravetenders
    and it's Good Luck.. and Good Day sir.
  • Creactivity
    in fact you are right, not good look in the sense that your shots not look good for sure Lol
    Do you have other shots of your works i found your works accidentally amusing!
    Cheers! A redneck beer and a cup of moonshine and everyone believe to become Stanley Kubrick.For insult intelligence someone should find intelligence somewhere. Make Rednecks Great Again
  • TheGravetenders
    Look man, I'm trying to discuss a subject here, if you just want to troll and flame war gtfo. I'm not interested in your made up facts and assumptions about personal subjects or anything else. If you don't like that I've rejected your "Advice" about Cthulhu rights don't whine and tell me I need a "REALITY CHECK" and now flood the thread with your unrealated butthurt crap.. GTFO STFU
  • Creactivity
    i gave you advice you prefer to insult me, so you don't like my answer i don't give a s*** as i said you don't read nothing about Lovecraft and you assume that your delusional ideas about Lovercraft copyright was true. And you start to offend me without any explanation. You did advice other people but you don't even know how to do a decent shot. If you arrogance produce electrical energy we resolve any energy issue in this world.
    Keep distance and be quiet, i don't know you and i am not interested the crap you producing. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
  • TheGravetenders
    You're in my thread pal. Throwing a tantrum. I'm just trying to discuss possible projects.
  • Creactivity
    so? What are you? You post a question i gave you, and you answer lke a trog this a Oats Studio Forum not Gravetender forum.
  • TheGravetenders
    I know you are but What am I?
  • TheGravetenders
    Is that a toilet seat around your head?
  • Creactivity
    10 years old joke or 10 year old mind?
  • TheGravetenders
    Your mustache is crooked..
  • Creactivity
    ehi mastermind genius is Sergio Leone not me.
  • TheGravetenders
    I think you're a troll who's here to troll.. You also sound like a racist to me, prejudiced against Americans.
  • Creactivity
    yeah yeah sorry the Rock and Roll movie... LOL
  • TheGravetenders
    Cthulhu will consume you shortly.
  • TheGravetenders
    Can you please GTFO out of here and let me discuss something relevant to the forum. ?
  • Creactivity
    @Admin there's some way to stop this redneck to offend people?
  • TheGravetenders
    Listen man this place is supposed to foster creativity and supply a productive environment.. What you're doing is the opposite of that.. you should be ashamed of yourself.. I'm sending the pope to your house right now to give you a talking to.
  • TheGravetenders
    You've destroyed the thread with your bullshit flame war. I just want it deleted now so I can start over, unfortunately there's no way to do that.
  • TheGravetenders
    You're a racist.. I'm not making Italian or Rome jokes..
  • TheGravetenders
    Yes because New York is rife with Moonshiners
  • TheGravetenders
    New York is well known as a "redneck": stronghold.
  • Creactivity
    well in Catskill i suppose there lot of Liquor shops, if is not i am really feel sorry for you
  • TheGravetenders
    Dude.. just GTFO
  • Creactivity
    dude Just don't piss me off! You are NOT the admin, and this not redneck loser youtube crap unauthorized copyrights filmmakers
  • TheGravetenders
    Yeah it's clearly a place for you to flame and rage post all day. Take it over to Yahoo or craigslist or something man.
  • Robert Miller
    Dude, TheGravetenders, Ignore him. He's obviously on some bullsht drunkrant. Just stop responding to him. His point was valid, but not entirely important, and your vanilla ice defense was a little defensive, but he became more shitty than was called for. Dudes probably not in a good place and he's lashing out to compensate or some such nonsense. Never learned english properly enough to casually express himself, obviously dislikes Americans and outdoorsy folk. Angry and unable to articulate the reason sufficiently. Just a stuck-up snob drinking and mouthing off to people he doesnt know. He deserves pity and silence, not anger or frustration.
    There are two reasons people dont wade into the Lovecraft pool in cinema: that rights issue he brought up and the fact that a majority of the value of Lovecrafts work is in the vague/detailed descriptions which cause ones imagination to pull from their own greatest horror. Collapsing the possibilities for individual terror by visually expressing lovecrafts monsters takes some of their power away.
    That being said, your shots look pretty good. Theres work to be done and stuff to learn, but it looks like you learned a lot making that short so any future effort will likely be even better. You already have some serious skill for composition, compositing, animation, tracking and a lot of other super valuable skills. Try finding other creative people who can keep from being total douches to help with your weaknesses. Without getting really into it I would briefly say things like pacing, lighting, and general cinematography are areas you need to work on. Good news, those are some of the harder things to learn in filmmaking and a lot of people never get to where you are already.
    Ill get a lil mean at the end here by bringing up the fact that these forums are for oats studios discussions. The forums were shut down once for threads like this so try to find a community other than here for totally unrelated topics. Im sure you can find an engaged and supportive community somewhere online, but I wouldnt know where to look. Obviously I dont have much of a problem discussing speculative Lovecraft films, but Oats are/is our host so we should politely abide with their rules/requests as much a possible.
    Trying to be helpful, wanted to weigh in here. Not trying to be a jerk.
  • TheGravetenders
    This thread happened like 2 months ago man.. And it's a 30 second clip it's one shot.. Thanks anyway coach.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment